Mark Your Calendars!
Save the Date!
28 May - 1 June 2015
From 28 May through 1 June 2015 the Carl Sandburg Institute of Genealogy (CSIG) will be held on the campus of Carl Sandburg College in Galesburg, Illinois. We are excited to bring intensive, prolonged genealogical instruction to the Midwest. Coordinators have been announced.
Four tracks of lectures over 4.5 days will be given by nationally-known genealogical-research experts. Track topics are:
· Refining Internet and Digital Skills for Genealogy (coordinator Cyndi Ingle of Cyndislist)
· Advanced methodology and analysis (coordinator Michael John Neill of Genealogy Tip of the Day),
· Intermediate sources and research (coordinator Debbie Mieszala, CG),
· Germanic research sources and methods (coordinator Teresa McMillin, CG), and
Getting to Galesburg is not difficult. Galesburg is:
· Located on Interstate 74
· Has four daily Amtrak trains from Chicago (and direct no-layover routes from Denver, Omaha, and Kansas City)
· One hour from Moline or Peoria airports
· Two hours from state capital of Springfield
Dates are 28 May through 1 June 2015.
Details are being finalized and will be announced on this website and on other social media, including our Facebook page. Email Michael John Neill at email@example.com to be added to mailing list for future announcements.